The Irish Research Council’s Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018 call is now open. FuJo is interested in hearing from any prospective post-doctoral researchers in the areas of media trust, media literacy, or media populism.
The researcher will conduct a program of research under the direction of Dr Jane Suiter. In addition, the researcher will:
- engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities;
- gain experience in grant writing;
- engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which they are engaged, as directed by, with the support of and under the supervision of a Principal Investigator;
- become familiar with the publication process;
- acquire generic and transferable skills (including project management, business skills and postgraduate mentoring/supervision);
- engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the institute;
- carry out administrative work to support the programme of research.
FuJo will work closely with the applicant to write and submit the application to the Irish Research Council. Those interested in applying through FuJo should contact Dr Eileen Culloty (email@example.com) before 13 November with details of their PhD, research interests, and proposed research outline.
Eligibility: An applicant must have either graduated or have been certified as having fulfilled all the requirements for the award of a doctoral degree, including a viva/thesis defence, within the five-year period between 31 March 2013 and 31 March 2018. In addition, applications applying with DCU FuJo must not have completed their PhDs at DCU.
The Irish Research Council Offer: salary of €31,275 per annum; employer’s PRSI contribution of €3,365 per annum (10.75% of salary); employer’s pension contribution, where applicable, of €6,255 per annum(20% of salary); and eligible direct research expenses of €5,000 per annum.
The Institute for Future Media and Journalism is located within the School of Communications at Dublin City University. Dublin City University is a young, dynamic and ambitious university with a distinctive mission to transform lives and societies through education, research and innovation. DCU is recognised nationally and internationally as a centre of academic excellence with over 16,000 students. It is in the Top 100 Universities under 50 globally.